Thursday, January 3, 2013

new year, same skirt

Photobucket

Look who's back! Well well well, it's now a brand new year, in fact, in just two days it will be 3 years now that I have been writing this blog! And what better way for me to celebrate that milestone than to be a very bad blogger and only post like 5 times in the last month ahaha! Whatever man, sometime you have to take a break from doing this blogging and documenting this life I am living and just live it.. ya know? Not too much crazy stuff to report in all that time anyhow.. well there was one more anniversary, the one of MY BIRTH! So I guess that's news, I'm 25 now, hayyyyy!

So here I am in my 2012 uniform, which will probably be most of my 2013 uniform as well, a mini skirt. A new one to add to my leather/pleather/suede collection that is ever growing. Been wearing this one a whole lot recently. And to sort of replace the proportions I was playing with a lot in the fall using knee socks, these kick ass new boots! Got these at work, a dude comes in to sell 60s deadstock shoes all the time cause he bought out a shoe store that closed back then. He is basically my guardian angel.. my 60s deadstock dream shoe guardian angel. These photos don't do them just justice, they are perfect but they take like a billion minuets to put on (not really) cause they lace up, don't zip up (which I like.. I'm not complaining I swear) and they actually fit my calves, which can be hard with these chicken legs. I'm rambling.. just trying to day I love deez bootz.

Gonna try to get back up on my blogging A game.. it really is just the fact that it's fucking cold out here in Brooklyn now, and my bed looks a whole lot better than getting up on my roof at like 9 in the morning and walking back and forth between my camera and that wall to set the timer. (now I really am complaining.)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8 comments:

kater said...

Screaming and crying about how amazing those boots are. Also that hat omg.

Leah said...

love love love this cape! and I know what you mean about the bed looking better than taking frigid pictures outside.

Unknown said...

I am so incredibly jealous of those boots- I've been looking for a pair just like that forever!
xo, Tori
http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

Norbyah said...

those boots are uh-ma-zing!

happy new year! love your blog....and i especially love the hair tutorials you've shared.
xo
n
http://imanorbyah.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super jelly of your 1960's boot angel. Amazing! Happy birthday! Also, that skirt is amazing. A-line? Circle shape? So good.

Babes in Thriftland said...

Love the skirt and the cape. So great. I know how you feel about the cold. I haven't been up to blogging because of the below 0 weather here. Plus, it gets dark so early. I have the opposite problems with boots, I must have huge calves :) Have a great start to 2013!

JuleneTheGypsy said...

Ack! Love everything about the outfit from the colors to the textures. Darling!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GypsyPlunder?ref=si_shop

Alison Scarpulla said...

Cute! I think we all wouldn't complain if you shot photos in that beautiful bedroom/bed of yours instead of the roof! It's cold out there, and bedroom shots can be very warm, personal & interesting.. even little macro shots of your vanity table, dresser, fabric closeups & half outfit shots, I'd love to see that, and it would be a little different for you :)

All my love,
A