Wednesday, May 23, 2012

flares and platforms

Photobucket

Today is my day off, started it right by getting a manicure with my lovely friend Alley before she was off to work. I have been in the mood for matching my nail color to my lipstick these days, a bit inspired by Megan of Mad Men I suppose. So I stuck to this bright coral red type color to match the lipstick I have been wearing most lately. It's a small detail, but it really does get noticed!

Back to my 70s ways today with my outfit. I have said it before, but I'll say it again, I always feel like my style falls comfortably in the 70s. I love most decades of the past and have a real hankering for the 50s and 60s... but when it comes down to it some flares and a pair of platforms will get me every time. Not to mention crop tops! These sweet pants I got from Guvnor's vintage in park slope at the end of last year. It's hard to tell from the horrible indoor photos I take, but they are a forest green and made of this velour type material.. I don't know what you would call it, but they are soft and fuzzy and I love the zippers! Got this cute halter top from work recently, glad it's getting warmer so I can wear it all the time! There is nothing better than the feeling of my now super long hair touching my bare back! Oh and I picked up these sweet Jeffery Campbel platforms at work last week. I haven't ever seen this style before, not that I follow JC stuff too closely, but these I can really dig.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

There are seriously no words that could adequately express my love for these high waisted trousers!

Leah said...

Those wedges are tight!

poppy said...

I admire your style!!! You just have an amazing taste and you know exactly what suite you!!!
There are not many people who can do better job than you do!!!