Saturday, August 27, 2011

sponsor: Bluesville, USA

Photobucket

Here we have Bluesville, USA, a super cute shop based out of california that offers great thrifted finds at great prices. She sent me this cute button down blouse from her shop to style, and I really dig it! Can't wait for this heat to break so I can really work it! Amber, who also writes a blog The Underground Sweetheart and she started her etsy shop last year because of her passion for thrifting and an eye for cute dresses! I love a girl who thrifts, and I can tell this girl is a digger! Just look at this great motorcycle jacket she scored for herself!

Through her shop she passes these great finds onto you, and for this week you can have the chance at winning a $30 credit to her store! Just stop by Bluesville, USA and let us know your favorite outfit in a comment below! The winner will be chosen on september 3rd, and contacted through email. So don't forget to leave that behind too so I can contact you.

I asked Amber a few questions to find out a little more about her and why she was drawn into selling vintage. And if you want some bit of inspiration, stop by her tumblr

What is your favorite fashion era?
I'm kind of obsessed with nineties culture in general. I gravitate towards the darker grungier stuff for myself. Think Winona Ryder in Reality Bites.

What inspires you and influences you when looking for items for your shop?
I find a lot of inspiration from fashion and street style blogs. Its fun trying to recreate looks I've seen. Living in California is also a huge influence on my aesthetic. I'm always surrounded by amazing people, colors, weather...you get the idea.

Favorite piece from your shop? and how you would wear it?
Currently my favorite item is the teal 70s draped cape sleeve dress I think the length is perfect to pair with chunky platforms.

Best vintage find?
Most of my personal favorite finds are vintage photographs and posters, but since this is a fashion blog and all....I'd have to say the 1970's French snakeskin platforms I found at Wasteland in San Fransisco. They make my feet feel weird cos they're so heavy. I love them!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Oversized Reversible Double Collared Blouse...so unique!

Sophie said...

Love the mint julep dress, I've been a total sucker for mint/seafoam-colored clothes lately.

Kailey said...

Ahh what gorgeous photographs! Winona Ryder is wonderful :D

Anonymous said...

love the sheer pink pleated midi skirt!
karoline.lee@aim.com