Saturday, August 13, 2011

union square farmers market

Photobucket

Today is a beautiful day, perfect for visiting the Union Square farmers market that takes place every weekend. It is huge! vendor after vendor selling fresh produce, eggs, cheese, baked goods, flowers and herbs. So many people! It was quite crowded, but it is really fun to go to and see that all this locally grown stuff is available.

I went mainly with intentions of buying some flowers and a hanging plant or two. I was looking for a good place, and the farmers market was suggested to me by a few people, for the wide selection, good prices and the chance to support local/small businesses. The vendor I bought the flowers from had sooo many beautiful flowers to choose from, it was really hard to pick! I also ended up getting a small hanging plant called a "bolivian jew" ha. And that is just to start my collection, I hope to get some more hanging plants and succulents and things being that I have some nice windowsills to put them in. I just hope my cats leave them alone!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I'm mesmerized by the colors of the carrots. Its been the most gorgeous weekend for farmers marketing, your pictures are stunning. Hope all's well in Brooklyn!!

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

you look TOO CUTE!!
I love farmers.

. said...

I love farmers markets! My sisters and I actually sell jewelry and paintings at one. I got to paint little kids' faces today! Anyway your farmers market looks gorgeous, it's awesome you had a good time!

Annalise said...

Going to the farmers market is one of my favorite things to do on the weekend. All the food tastes so much better than at the grocery store. Your outfit looks perfect for such a summer weather outing. Cute! I can't wait to see more of your plants as you collect them.
XOXO

amanda said...

gorgeous photos! i love going to the farmer's market. it just makes me giddy to bring home fresh veggies :) and you are just too amazing!

JULIA GENEVIEVE said...

I love the farmer's market so much. It's actually available year round, except it isn't that large and populated in the colder months, but it's still pretty awesome!

And your outfit looks perfect for the sweltering heat. I get so sweaty once I step into the subway station, I'm basically drenched!

♥ Julia

Anonymous said...

lovely! there's nothing better than coming home from the market with arms full of flowers.

Unknown said...

very cute, love your blue shorts and sunglasses.

objectslog.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

Such cute pictures! I love your outfit. :)

~Ruth (ruthrmay.com)

hannah, heart city said...

love the flowers ya got! i love the union square market. looks like city living is treating you well so far! cant wait to visit ya!

Meg said...

I love your outfit! All the food and flowers looks so amazing. I'll definitely be headed over there real soon (hopefully this weekend!!)

Liz said...

i can't believe you're finally here! coffee, drinks, goodwill bins? yes please!

styleeast said...

Hello, I found your blog through your Jille magazine feature - you are the NY girl and I am the London girl! Love the blog, your style is great (very London!) and your photos are beautiful x

Oh are you sure about that? said...

Amazing photos! I love your style! I especially love the picture at the bottom, those flowers are amazing, they look a bit like strawberries.

Lally X

http://ohareyousureaboutthat.blogspot.com