Sunday, May 29, 2011

look, shorts!

Photobucket

You wouldn't know it, but I have a pretty large collection of cute high waisted shorts. Probably about 10 pairs ranging in color, print, fabric. I got denim, silk, solid color, paisley print, polkadots and more. All similar cut and shape to these ones, I'm talking super cute shorts that I think would sell like hot cakes, if I decided to sell any. The funny thing is that I never wear them, I'm like too afraid to or something. I love the way they look on other people, and I want to wear them, but most times I put them on when getting dressed, they always end up coming off. I think it's something to do with my short torso/long leg combo that just puts me off. But I'm going to try my darndest to get over it, cause I know I'm just being silly, I mean look how cute they look here!

These shorts I got a few years ago from the thrift store. They were about 10 inches longer when I bought them, I loved the color and the pleats so I got them to hem. I think another thing that prevents me from wearing all my cute shorts is my lack of cute blouses. I never seem to have the color I'm looking for, something about the ones I have just never seem to work. But this one I love! I got it recently from that estate sale I went to a week or so ago. It's REALLY thin, like I'm a little afraid of ripping it, but it maks it perfect for this hot weather we have been having recently. It has the perfect little blue flowers, I feel like it will go with a lot. The shoes are from Beacon's Closet, and the sunnies are from Buffalo Exchange.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

19 comments:

Sewon said...

Those shorts are adorable on you! I hope you break out your collection of cute high waisted shorts and make us jealous. :)

CDC said...

are you kidding me? i can't imagine you having any insecurities about anything at all - you just seem so beautiful no matter what. i wish i had your style fearlessness (and able to pull it off to boot!)

SoFashionistica said...

You look great! You should wear shorts more often, you have the legs for them!

Cat said...

I love high-waisted shorts and you look gorgeous in yours! I'm never brave enough to wear short skirts, so I find shorts to be the perfect compromise...In fact, I'm wearing my favourite pair in today's outfit post on my blog too!

Cat xxx
http://www.takecourageblog.com/

Wangari said...

You look great in those shorts! The blouse is gorgeous and really ties the whole outfit together very nicley. You should definitely wear shorts more often :)

Dulcie said...

Truly amazing shorts in a beautiful colour. I've been away from home for a week with no internet and i missed your blog sorely! I'm going to have a binge-style catch up on it now. mm!

Christy said...

You look amazing! Like you, I love shorts on other people, but I can never really decide if I love them on me. You've styled yours so simply and beautifully, with the relaxed button-down and perfect summer oxfords. Maybe I should take a page from your book and have a go at the rust-colored pair I just bought. <3

Rebecca said...

I kind of feel the same way about shorts, unless it's really hot that is. But these look lovely, you should debut the rest of your collection. Really like the mustard and lavender unexpected colour combo.

Courtney Brooke said...

BUH! PUHHLEASE lady lovely legs, you look stunning in shorts, I always hate shorts on me because I have the opposite problem,short fat legs, and a long torso, hahah I LOVE YOU!

etta said...

amazing outfit! i'm happy i found your blog because you've a great style!

Emlyn said...

Can I just say, your style is AWESOME. Yes to tiny shorts and braids.

xo
Your new follower

Jana K. said...

I love your hairl! So cute! Just found your blog, and I love it! Your photography is great.

-Jana
http://www.wolfandwillow.com/

Jessica - Naomi said...

you look amazing in shorts :o

Sophie said...

Your hair and your outfit is amazing!

How did you do those plaits?!

http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

Bia said...

I love your hair. You should do a tutorial!

kisses,bia.

girl and bird said...

I LOVE these shorts. they're awesome. please showcase your collection!!

Annah xx

girlandbird.blogspot.com

Jeanne-Ange said...

Great look and great blog. Keep it up, girl :)

x jeanne
allthingssnice.blogspot.com

Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

goodness :) they definitely are the cutest shorts! i love that colour, and i think you look great in them.
i've been looking for shorts to shorten for while now.. but they never seem right.

Emma Litton said...

Oh my goodness, I love that outfit! Your shorts are too adorable.