Tuesday, June 28, 2011

blue at sunset

Photobucket

A little sunset viewing with the boy on our day off together. It actually wasn't as nice as it looks, as there were these little beach flies attacking us the whole time! It was totally lame, cause I wanted to go see the sunset so bad, I was really looking forward to it. And we made these really good vegan enchiladas before we left to catch the sunset so we were in good spirits. But the sunset was very pretty, and afterwards we went to go see Super 8, which was good, in the way that it was very Steven Spielberg and it really reminded me of E.T. (which is also my initials, and always bothered me) and also Elle Fanning is so cute and great.. but otherwise it was okay. I love the way he uses light reflection off like street lights and stuff, and the kids bedrooms all messy with kid stuff all over the place. And I love the 70s so, yea I guess I liked it :)

So this dress I got at an estate sale, I talked about it a while ago, and I have worn this dress like a billion times since I got it, but just never got a photo of. But I really really love it! And it's a shame because the fabric is kind of thin, on the back especially and there are two rips behind my left shoulder that I fixed already, but is ripping again. You all know I don't mind a rip here or there, but this one makes it feel very fragile when it is on.. I need to get to fixing that. The booties I just got the other day at the thrift store.. it is all Jeremy's fault, I am trying my best not to buy anything or spend money but he sent me there when he was at work to get him a black belt for the wedding.. and I just had to look! and I couldn't leave without these. I think they were $6.. I never remember the prices of things. I have a bunch of pairs like this already, but these feel the most comfortable.

I was also having a good hair day. Just twirl it up and stick a bunch of bobby pins in. You never know what you are going to get really, but I like what today brought out. I also just want to say thanks to all the commenters, and readers alike! I really appreciate all the kind words, and I'm glad you all dig what I'm putting out there!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

11 comments:

SoFashionistica said...

You look stunning in all of those pictures! Looks like you two had a wonderful time together, watching the sunset....how romantic!

Tonya said...

Beautiful photos! I adore your dress too, and those shoes are so perfect. I'm pretty jealous!

www.themoptop.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

That dress is completely gorgeous! Yep, I guess that's all. But seriously, so, so, pretty!

Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

Oh yes, your hair is so loose and romantic looking! perfect for the beach. I love good hair days :)

The Blue Curtain said...

love your dress here and all your other posts! following you!!! see my blog!! i just created mine here :)

http://thebluecurtain.blogspot.com/

Emma Lavelle said...

Lovely photos! There's nothing better than being on a beach at sunset :)

I saw Super 8 last week, it definately has the vibe of old 80s films and does sort of remind you of ET!

xx

PS I have used one of your film pics on my latest post, its been blinking at me from my inspiration folder all week!

Jessicat said...

too cute!

Meg said...

I love this outfit! The photos are so beautiful

isis said...

totally in love with this amazing dress. its so hard to find lavender things!

Zoƫ, Lion Heart Vintage said...

now YOU get the top knot award! this is beautiful!

Macarons&Coquelicots said...

Adore your boots !

http://gourmandisesettalonshauts.blogspot.com/