Sunday, June 26, 2011

wedded bliss

Photobucket

Yesterday I was the +1 to Jeremy's friend Liz's wedding. It has been a while since I have been to a wedding, and I was eagerly awaiting this one for a few reasons. I love any excuse to get dressed up, I couldn't wait to get some photos of Jeremy and I cause we hardly have any together, and he was looking real dapper in his suit. Also free booze, food and dancing all night sounds like my kind of way to party! I had planed on wearing a dress I got at the TLO nyc pop up shop, but then I went to Brimfield and came across this amazing dress that fit like a dream and it looked like such a perfect wedding dress, I just had to wear it! I wish you could get a better look at the shoes I was wearing, they were pretty simple black pumps, but with a pretty little flat bow on the front. I was on the search for something just like these to wear with this dress. I went thrifting and came home with these beauties, Anne Klein for only $10! The little beaded clutch I think I thrifted a long long time ago.

It was a really fun wedding, a classic ceremony at a church (not really my cup of tea, but the bride and groom both came from big Italian families, so I could tell that bit was to please the family) and the reception afterwards was nearby at a relatives house under a big tent.. so pretty! I had no idea it was going to be such a low key kind of thing, but I really dug it. The lighting in the tent was really cool, the food was good and there was dancing all night. Italians really know how to party haha. Succulents were being given away as parting gifts, and I forgot to take one! I guess it's better off cause my cats would just end up killing it anyways hah. And the centerpiece was really nice, I had to snap some photos. We got to take it home too!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Liz said...

aw you two are so cute! looking very dapper, i might say. that dress is a dream and the orangey coloring is gorgeous on you, lady!

Frannie Pantz said...

You two are too cute! I love this dress!

SoFashionistica said...

Oh my gosh! Such a pretty dress and the print is darling! I like how perfect it is for a summer wedding! Both you and your love look amazing!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohh I love your 70s style floral dress! Be sure to enter my £100 ASOS giveaway!

x
Lost in the Haze

Anonymous said...

What a beauty was that wedding and I should admit that your dress is more than perfect for the event. Besides you a right it fits like a real dream.

Greets holiday apartment london

Unknown said...

What a lovely dress? I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Greetings, Olympic London accommodations
flats for Olympics 2012

Ismay said...

you look so cute! i love that dress, especially with your nails and lips.