Saturday, April 14, 2012

tomboy

Photobucket

Maybe you don't know this, maybe you do because I have probably talked about it before, but I have a lot of shorts. Over the last two years or so I have amassed quite a cute collection of high waisted shorts in all different fabrics, colors and shapes. I love the look of a good fitting pair of shorts. However, it seems I never wear them! I don't know why.. I guess I just always gravitate towards skirts and dresses. But I am going to make it my mission to get all these babies out in daylight this spring/summer. Especially now that I plan to ride my bike around Brooklyn more often, shorts are always better for that than dresses ever were.

This pair is actually kind of new to me, I bet you will never be able to guess where I got them, Ha! I love the grey corduroy, and I love when shorts/pants don't have a waist band cause they are usually not as tight fitting around that area, leaving room for belly expansion after eating yummy food. The blouse I think I thrifted?.. I can't really remember, and this pretty red cardigan I got at work yesterday too.. so much clothing!

I am currently getting sick, a cough and never ending flow of snot (sorry) has taken over and it is no fun. Getting sick in the spring time i just about the worst thing ever. So far I am not bedridden, but it does make it hard to take my bike out on long trips, so I have not yet. Heres to hoping this thing don't get much worse!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lola said...

Very nice, I think I went through the same phase and just couldn#t stop buying shorts! Yours looks lovely, especially with the paisley shirt, xxx

Frannie Pantz said...

Love the corduroy shorts and paisley shirt! That cardigan is very pretty too! I hope you start to feel better!

Sampada said...

Aww those shorts are so cute especially with that top! I have the same cold problem doesn't it suck? Hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

Those shorts are a masterpiece! I sometimes see women biking in skirts/dresses and I think, "girl... you crazy." Shorts and trousers on bikes are just so much more practical. When I start getting sick I start taking oil of oregano and eat chunks of raw garlic!

sweet harvest moon said...

Love the paisly shirt!