Sunday, April 24, 2011

easter

Photobucket

Easter sunday, what a nice day. This year we had beautiful weather and I had plans for a nice easy relaxing evening at my family's house with just my parents, brother, sister and jeremy. Oh and my german cousin and his girlfriend who happen to be visiting at the moment :) My mom made some ziti and meatballs, we brought the Bluepoint beer (from right here on Long Island, don't ya know!) and the apple pie. It was a very non-traditional Easter, hah! We sat out back drinking and talking and eating. My little sister was playing with bubbles, the huge kind that make a huge snake like bubble. A very nice sunday.

I got this wonderful little floral hat at an estate sale from a few weeks back. It's pretty much made to be worn with your hair up, and I had been waiting for the right time to wear it. I got this dress on thursday when I wet to Beacon's closet. They didn't end up taking too much of my stuff for trade, not enough summer goods I suppose. But this dress was only $15 "as is" cause of some stains, but you all know I don't mind a stain or two. I really love this dress, it's so angelic and I love the colors and the pockets. This wonderful bag I got from this weird house in the town I grew up in, it's one of the oldest houses in town, and in the backyard she had this second little house/shack thing. It was falling apart kind of, but it was like a little antique shop she ran back there. No one ever really went there, and I only found out about the place a few years before the woman passed and that shack collapsed (and I have no idea if anyone ever salvaged any of the amazing things form inside it!) but you would just kind of pull up and go back there and the lady would sit on her back porch and wait for you to bring out what you wanted and she would give you prices. CHEAP prices too! She was real nice and I got this bag there among lots of other things back in the day. The shoes I got at the salvo last year, perfect perfect shoes! And he little short sleeve sweater is h&m, and the bracelet I picked up at savers yesterday.

I hope the wether was nice for everyone, wherever you are! And that you had a wonderful easter with friends family and foooood!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

16 comments:

amanda said...

i will say i'm a bit jealous of your beautiful weather and beautiful dress. i was unable to wear my easter dress because it has done nothing but rain and storm ALL DAY LONG! love this sweet look and am super glad you had a wonderful day :)

Amelia said...

you are beautiful. how perfectly easter, love the flower crown.

Joy said...

I really like your attention to detail. Particularly your nails and that flower crown. Happy Easter!

Noortje said...

cute :)
xo

Annalise said...

You are the perfect vision of Easter loveliness. The dress is so darling on you. I loved the story about the weird old house where you got the bag. I wish I knew of a place like that around here. Maybe one day I'll BE that old lady. It sounds amazing.
XOXO

Asja Anastasia Jäger said...

I love your flower headdress!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Lovely dress... perfectly pastel for easter. And I love your nails!

Kelly said...

This dress is so adorable! Good find.

Victoria said...

Such a classic, lovely outfit. Everything is beautiful!

mari said...

such a beautiful and easter-ish look.
i totally envy your amazing hari-do - looks stunning.
xx


themerrimari.blogspot.com

Dulcie said...

You look so beautiful in this dress and the shoes are so lovely. You look divine as always :) xx

Chicca said...

WOW,I am totally in love with your shoes!!!Amazing outfit and you look adorable!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Jessicat said...

cute!! So easterific.

Lexie said...

what a sophisticated easter look! i love your manicure!

Kennedy said...

love those flowers in your hair!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love everything you are wearing! From the flowers in your hair to those adorable shoes!
XX