Tuesday, April 12, 2011

hill top

Photobucket

The last couple of days it has been warm but kind of cloudy here. Maybe you don't know this, but low thin clouds like that make for really beautiful sunsets, also something we have had the last few days. So yesterday around 7 pm Ali and I went to this bluff where we went for my birthday to watch the sunset as well. Unfortunately, we only caught a small glimpse of the setting red sun between the low clouds before more set and in and only made for a grey sunset. All was not lost because it was still beautiful out, we had a great time and took some really beautiful film photos.

This dress I'm wearing is Ali's that I had on for the photos, it has a really great color and went quite well with the rest of my outfit! The hat I thrifted a while ago, it's my total favorite. I usually have a red scarf tied around it, but when I received my new straw hat I saw tat the black ribbon around it came off and fit this one well too! So now I can change things up a bit, I really like hat.

There are a couple more photos from this shoot you can see on my flickr that I got a pro account for last year and then promptly started not using. Ug, maybe I can try to get my moneys worth out of it again.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

Dulcie said...

Really, really lovely. The dress is especially beautiful xx

Joy said...

The photos are a little dark but you still look super fantastic.

Kelly said...

I really love these photos! And that dreamcatcher-esque piece you are holding is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

dreamy photos.. i especially like the close up picture of your lace sleeve and the color of your dress works really well with it the sunset.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dreamy photos! Love your outfit! That tiny brooch of yours on the collar of your jacket is lovely. :)
XX

Emma Lavelle said...

That dress is beautiful!
xx

Natalie Suarez said...

super cute! i love this! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i absolutely love this outfit.

amy said...

You have a cheeky sense of style.
Very quirky, and cute.

Very much adored!

especially your hair, sweet loveliness


sugar plum kisses~
amy x
www.amyflyingakite.com

Unknown said...

Aww, this is all very lovely. And a doily dream catcher is too good.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I love these photos! Kind of a shame about the sun, but it gives the pictures a dramatic effect anyway. : )

Unknown said...

i love your hat, and your braid looks so cute!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
Follow Me!

Maria said...

Amazing! Defiantly following, would love for you to follow me :)
www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com