Thursday, April 14, 2011

straw and lace

Photobucket

This is what I wore yesterday to go to the beach with Hannah to take photos. I drove into Brooklyn and our plans were to central park near the Met and take photos. This being our last minuet plans since we were going to go to Fort Tilden beach in brooklyn but it was supposed to be rainy all day. But things ended up working out since I drove in and was able to drive us to the beach (taking the subway/bus/and then by foot would have been a two hour treck!) and the rain stopped for a few hours and left behind an eerie low cloud cover.

The beach was amazing, totally deserted and you couldn't see a thing out into the water! Weather conditions like that also make for really good natural light for photos. We played around a little then wrapped in blankets we sat talking, it was a really nice day and I'm sure we will be going back on even nicer days!

Three items from this outfit were all found at recent estate sales. The victorian little girls lace top and amazing flowing skirt I got from one last weekend for like two bucks each. The striped cardigan I got two weeks ago that I was going to sell, but it has some moth holes and i think I really like it.. so it may be staying with me!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10 comments:

Alison Scarpulla said...

that top is super lovely!

Ashlee said...

oh...i love this outfit! i never have luck with clothing at estate sales...

Jessicat said...

I love your face in the first photo. Adorable. And that top is amazing! Great find all round.

Phara said...

That lace top is stunning!
X

Unknown said...

stunning outfit. LOVE the proportions, LOVE the mix of fabrics/textures, LOVE the contrasting patterns, LOVE the colors.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

My favourite part is certainly the little top... and the hat!

Elise said...

Loving this outfit, the top is v cute :)

Unknown said...

What a bargain! Love this look, the lace top is so adorable

Marisa:)

Lexie said...

those shoes get me every time! you are such a stunner.

Georgy said...

really nice outfit