Thursday, March 17, 2011

thrift trip

Photobucket

This is what I wore out today on a thrifting haul! I went to the salvation army and found so many vintage goodies! It was a great really day to go too, being that its st patrick's day, I guess thrifting is the last thing on everyones mind cause it was empty! Like me and two other people. It was nice having the run of the place and being able to take me time. I'll have a post later of some of the great things I found, both for myself and the shop.
This dress I got last year when I went to the brimfield antique show, one of my lucky $5 finds. I changed into it and wore it for the better half of our 6 hours there. It was kind of chilly in the morning and I just wore too many layers, then it got so hot later... and after I got this dress I just wanted to bust loose! So I did! The cardi used to be Ali's, the sunglasses I got on etsy, and the bag shoes and socks are all thrifted. Oh, it was also BEAUTIFUL out today! Suposed to be in the 60s tomorrow too!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10 comments:

casper+pearl said...

it looks so sunny! can't wait to see your vintage finds. i have to go to new york, you find the best things.

Amelia said...

i love everything about this! the dress, the sunglasses, the boots. perfect :)

Meggstatus said...

Oh man, this dress is seriously perfect.

Unknown said...

I spent my st. patty's thrifting too!

Anonymous said...

That is THE dreamiest dress. I love it. and I have very similar boots :) they are the best!

hillary said...

That dress really is gorgeous, wow. Love the first photo.

Taylor Scott said...

Great dress! I love it paired with the boots.

Annalise said...

Adorable little outfit on you! The embroidery on the front of the dress is too cute. The glasses, bag and boots are the perfect accessories. Love it all!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

What a find and bargain too! Stunning dress, the little flowers are so cute :)

Bibi said...

this dress looks lovely on you, it makes you have that 1950s silhouette . great find